Motivational speakers have the unique opportunity to build their online presence all the while attracting a new worldwide audience to their talks via streaming platforms. Most speakers are not properly maximizing there expertise. Making way for the speakers with the foresight to follow the data.
THE CURRENT STATE OF THE SPEAKING BUSINESS VIA SPEAKERFLOW
- Only 19% of speakers have digital products
- Only 7% of speakers have merchandise
- Most Speakers primary source of income is keynoting
- 51% of speaking engagements come from referrals
- 30% of speaking engagements come form past clients
KEY MUSIC INDUSTRY STATISTICS TO BE MINDFUL OF VIA RIAA
- United States recorded music revenues grew 9.2% in 2020 to $12.2 billion at estimated retail value.
- Streaming music grew to 85% of the market by value, compared with 80% the prior year.
- Streaming made up nearly 80% of total revenues!
EVENT INDUSTRY DATA
- 53% of event planners have at least one event they’re transitioning to a virtual format in the next few months.
- In 2019, 39% of event professionals agree that ‘engaging attendees’ is the most crucial element of a live event. (EventMB, 2019)
- · As of March 2020, the exhibition and events industry had lost 14.4 billion euros (16.5 billion USD). (UFI, 2020)
- Almost three fourths of planners, or 73.6 %, have become more proficient or much more proficient in tech as a result of the pandemic, which will be important as the industry transitions further to virtual and eventually hybrid events in the coming months. (EventMB, 2020)
- In the US, 53% of attendees participate in corporate and business meetings, 18% in conventions, conferences and congresses without an exhibition floor and 16% in trade shows or conferences with an exhibiting component. 6% participated in incentive meetings and 6% in other meetings. (Oxford Economics and Events Industry Council, 2018)
- 91% measure the success of their events on attendee satisfaction. 61% measure according to their specific event objectives and 60% determine results based on staying within budget. (EventMB, 2018) Graph available.
- 36% of planners consider engagement their biggest challenge when pivoting to virtual. (EventMB, 2020)
- Event planners listed social media as the most effective tool for event marketing (74%), followed by email marketing (66%), their website (60%) and event registration site (26%). (EventMB, 2018) Graph available.
- 37% of event planners report that social media exposure is a key metric of event success. (EventMB, 2019)
- 28% of event marketers spend less than $200 on social media for an average event and 26% spend nothing. 25% spend between $200 and $1,000. (EventMB, 2018) Graph available.
- 52% of events engage on social media several times a day. (EventMB, 2018) Graph available.
- 60% of the most successful B2B content marketers have a documented content marketing strategy. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
Schedule a time to speak here. https://go.oncehub.com/MotivatorMusic